Writing Stuff and Things 7/5 '16
I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on the following items. I listen to a lot of podcasts about writing/publishing, but those are (in a sense) only one source. So I thought I would turn to youse guyz since I know there are more than a couple writers here.
- Is traditional publishing still a thing that is worth pursuing?
- If so, how worthy of pursuit is it? Meaning: How much would you give up / fight for that over self publishing / digital publishing?
- If so, why? Is there some singular element that just puts it way out in front of self/digital publishing?
Tools / Resources
- Is there a resource you use all the time (podcasts, writing software, website(s)) that you use and couldn't live without?
- What do you most commonly use to do your writing? Pen and paper? Word? Scrivener?
- Do you have a routine for writing? What is it?
- Do you have a production schedule? If so, why?
Just wanted to point out that I wanted to do this post mostly as a discussion starter. I'm curious about the way you fine folks think about writing as work. As such, I'll comment below with my own answers. That way you can reply without being affected by my answers. You can also read them first if you prefer.