I'm annoying when I'm happy 1/20 '21
This morning's soundtrack, because when I am happy, I sing showtunes.
One Day More, Les Miserables, OBC
Do You Hear The People Sing?, Les Miserables, OBC
Everything's Coming Up Roses, Gypsy revival w/Bernadette Peters
Comedy Tonight, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to The Forum, OBC
Free!, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to The Forum, OBC
Love Makes The World Go 'Round, Carnival OBC
Direct From Vienna, Carnival OBC
Yorktown, Hamilton OBC
Here's Anna Maria Alberghetti singing "Love Makes the World Go 'Round":
"OBC" = Original Broadway Cast (Album)
Trump is not President. I will be able to hug my parents in 2021.
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have been inagurated as President and Vice President of the United States of America.
Other sources of happiness:
- The odds that no one I love will die of COVID-19 have dramatically increased.
- The odds that no one else I love will be permanently affected by the after-effects of COVID-19 have also dramatically increased.
- No one will be inside the Capitol of our United States wearing Nazi fashion ever again. The leader of the free world will not tell anti-Semites that they are "good people" and that he loves them.
- A competent government will handle vaccine distribution and injection. Said government will not prioritize people based on "red state"/"blue state" or who they voted for.
- My sons will be able to safely go to school in person.
- My sons will be able to hang out with their friends again.
- My college boy will be able to get up to normal college shenanigans. (yikes!)
- I will be able to hang out with my friends again! In groups!
- When the President speaks, he will tell the truth (to the best of his knowledge) and he will speak in full, coherent sentences.
- The President of The United States will speak of progress, not of grievances.
- We elected our first female, Black Vice President of Indian Descent. Also, her husband and kids will be the first Jews to be a Veep's family.
- I won't be embarassed to be an American. At least, not mostly. We Americans are very talented at embarassing ourselves.
- If I want to watch a train wreck reality show, I can choose to, but I won't be forced to watch one because it's our government.
- Vacations! Remember traveling? Maybe Europe will even let us in again.
- Archer will be able to improv again and I will be able to watch him perform in person!
- Hunter will finally be able to take his archery lessons!
- My mental health will be at its normal level of fuckery.
- And ... and theatre will be back.
There are more reasons to be happy. And more work to do.
We have a Republic, America. We may even be able to keep it.