PESTO 10/25 '20
We get a farm food box every Saturday. It's a good price for what's in it, and also supports a non-profit that gives food to folks who can't pay for it. So that's cool. Anyway, sometimes we get a bunch of cilantro, so I make pesto. Here's the recipe!
- About a quarter cup of almonds. Maybe third cup? Into the food processor.
- About a tablespoon of sea salt. That's too much. But it's pesto so who cares.
- A teaspoon-ish of assorted dried "italian" herbs because I'm lazy.
- Okay chop that up for a bit until it looks like breadcrumbs?
- Now put in the cilantro. As much as will fit.
- Chop that up until it packs down.
- The rest of the cilantro now. Yes, all of it.
- Chop chop chop chop.
- Add like a quarter cup of olive oil?
- And a tablespoon of lemon juice, or lime if you got it.
- Whir it up for a while until it holds together.
- OH YEAH don't forget a tablespoon or so of minced garlic or like 4-6 cloves.
- Pulse and scrape down and pulse until it looks like pesto.
Remember don't lick the sharp thing.
Everyone's got their own recipe I guess.